Monday, June 27, 2011

NYC Pride 2011





This photo embodies everything about the NYC Gay Pride Parade--joy, exuberance, loving who you are, loving life. 



The Pride Parade is always a great time. Everyone's so happy, and welcoming. There's an unbelievable confidence, everyone strutting their stuff. Men putting me to shame in their heels, woman making me wish I'd gone to the parade topless. The music is infectious. I've caught up on the latest Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, even if I didn't want to. I'm a Madonna and George Michael girl to tell you the truth.


I personally believe if you're Black/African-American, you should understand the plights of gays and lesbians. Wanting equal rights and not wanting to be persecuted over who you are. If you're a woman, you should understand the plight as well. 




I realized as the floats went by that I've been linked to many of these organizations in one way or another, closely or distantly, for a long time-- 
 and the first for me, GMHC.









This year's Gay Pride Parade was even more festive because same-sex marriage was legalized in NYS. Beginning next month, gay and lesbian couples will be able to get legally married thanks to the New York Marriage Equality Act. Love was in the air!








One of the many proposals that took place during the parade!













These parade revelers Love the Skin They're In:



So glad I spotted him in the crowd! He looked great in that bathing suit. And I loved his energy. He'd be the perfect counterpart for my genderqueer-genderfuck photo shoot.







As a woman, this goes against everything I know to be pleasurable and hygenic but whatever. I waved her over and asked if I could take her photo. And there you have it.












It's a good thing I had a fast shutter speed when this group came by because I was doing a lot a wining while shooting photos!













More images from the NYC Gay Pride Parade 2011...





*   *   *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts