Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Why Did I Start Native Creative Concierge?

Native Creative Concierge LLC - curated private excursions in New York City,
Abigail Ekue, CEO & Operator



I answered a media request from CEO Blog Nation where they were seeking stories from entrepreneurs on why they started their business. My submission wasn't published, so I'm sharing it here!


~+~+~+~+~+


"Where should we eat tomorrow night?" "Do you know which way is Madison Avenue?" These are questions I field on a regular basis from friends and strangers alike. It was a natural progression to start Native Creative Concierge, my service where I could provide firsthand experiences as answers to those questions.




I knew I didn't want to go back to a 9-to-5 office job and I needed an income. As a New York native, I know there's more to the city than Manhattan and the publicized tourist attractions that can also be tourist traps. There's so much more to NY than Times Square! -- I've adopted that catchphrase to combat the line of thinking that if someone visits those attractions, they've visited NY.



Through Native Creative Concierge, I don't work for anyone, I work with people. I enjoy meeting new people; to expose them to new experiences and to learn from them. I'm also very grateful to my network which is crucial to making sure that my clients are satisfied. My work allows me to use my creativity to curate personalized excursions or itineraries for my clients who don't want to see NY from a tour bus. Since starting Native Creative Concierge, I've worked with international clients from Germany, Australia, Tasmania, Canada, France, Mexico, Poland and Singapore and domestic corporate clients providing immersions into New York City. Native Creative Concierge has evolved into what it is today because of the enjoyment I get from helping someone experience something uniquely New York. I also get joy from turning someone's opinion of New York from a negative one to a positive one!



*   *   *

Photo by Abigail Ekue Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts