Tuesday, March 22, 2016

New York International Auto Show Drives Into Town






Despite ubiquitous yellow cab, NYC may not be considered a driving town. What will all the glorious sidewalks and public transportation it's no wonder that many New Yorkers don't drive.


But the city is full of car drivers and car lovers. And the place to find them is at the New York International Auto Show. This year's event will be held from March 25 to April 3 at its home for the past almost 30 years - The Jacob Javits Convention Center. It's a great way to spend the day, and have the opportunity to meet NYC locals and car enthusiasts. It's a Native Creative Concierge recommended event!
Hours for the New York International Auto Show are 10 am to 10 pm Monday through Saturday and 10 am to 7 pm on Sundays (including Easter Sunday). For security reasons, backpacks are not allowed but cameras are so you can take as many photos as you like. We live in the Instagram Era so share your photos using the Auto show hashtag #NYIAS. I'll be sharing my images using their hashtag and the #NativeCreativeConcierge hashtag so you'll be able to find those here!


I love going to the car show! I started going almost 20 years ago with my brother. I still haven't lost my love for the event. It's exciting to see all these futuristic automobiles (it was the first place I saw gullwing doors in-person!) and my bro finally showed me what all the hype was about the James Bond cars. At the New York International Auto Show was where I saw a Duesenberg up close for the first time and got to sit in a pick-up truck (this was during my "I'm gonna drive cross country in a pick-up truck" phase)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts