Wednesday, December 8, 2010

World Cup Of Love -- Addendum

I was editing the first part of a new short story I'm working on. iTunes shuffling in the background as usual...

Then "Going On" by Gnarls Barkley came through my speakers and just put me in an even better mood. It made me think of the World Cup and made me think of him (the timing is uncanny because one of the characters in the story I'm working on is based on him).

So that's why he came to mind this morning when I heard the song, but honestly, that was quickly overshadowed by the World Cup itself, the game of football, the passion. The Puma commercial they aired on television was different from this one, but I would jump up and down in celebration right along with the players on the screen.

I truly, truly enjoyed the energy of the World Cup this year (despite ALL of my teams not doing well) there was still so much to enjoy and so many people to root for. I hear this song... I watch this video and it gives me chills.


Youtube user hansbukow summed it up perfectly:
Thank you Africa for reminding us of what it's all about!!!
The fun, love and passion of simply kicking a ball with your best friends.
I feel really blessed to have the beautiful game embedded in my soul and this video helps me connect with that wonderful feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts