Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks



What are you thankful for?

The 5, 6, 7 dishes you get to choose from for dinner today? The egg nog? The pie? Maybe you're thankful for the opportunity to put your feet up and order Chinese food.

Working today? Be thankful for the job and the double or triple overtime pay. I've gone from no job to the choice of 3. I'm thankful.

Be thankful for the big and the little things. Great and small. Expressing joy and gratitude attracts more to be joyous and grateful for.



We all don't like or are thrilled with the origins of America, its history, but there is still reason to be thankful to live here. I'm thankful for the ability to write what I want on this public platform. 15 year old girl(s) are recovering from assassination attempts for speaking their mind.

I'm thankful for life. It's fun. It's challenging. It's fulfilling. It's always a learning and teaching experience. I'm thankful for that. My priorities have changed and I'm thankful for the maturity of mind.

I'm thankful for my muscles.

No disrespect to the Native Americans and the Pilgrims but Thanksgiving has never been about them for me. It's about family, friends, food and the opportunity to take a nap.


*   *   *


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts