Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Rock at G.I. JOE: Retaliation London Premiere

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
G.I. JOE: Retaliation UK Premiere
March 18, 2013
Empire Leicester Square, London, UK
Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images 

For those in the WWE Universe wondering why Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson wasn't on Raw this past Monday, it's because he was at the London premiere of his latest film, G.I. JOE Retaliation, along with co-stars Channing Tatum, Elodie Yung and Adrianne Palicki.




Elodie Yung, Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki
G.I. JOE: Retaliation UK Premiere on March 18
Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images


He looked great doing it too.


Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at the G.I. JOE: Retaliation UK Premiere
March 18, 2013 at Empire Leicester Square, London, UK
Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images 

Channing Tatum and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at the G.I. JOE: Retaliation
UK Premiere on 
March 18, 2013 at Empire Leicester Square, London, UK
Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images


I feel way less animosity towards The Rock for this year's Wrestlemania main event build-up than last year's. I'm hip to the game. He has films to train for and film, then he has to promote said films and WWE fans are quite passionate and loyal so come back to them when you have the time. I get it.


Why else am I no longer rolling my eyes when The Rock is on my screen during Raw? It's because many of his recent moments on the mic have been more telling that straight entertaining.

"In 1996 I had $7 bucks in my pocket and knew two things: I was broke as hell and one day I won't be."  -- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson 

That quote has been on my wall for quite a while now. I posted in on my tumblr a year ago. When I heard him tell that story at a recent PPV I was very proud. The man hasn't forgotten his beginnings. Gotta start from the bottom and work up. And he's done that. I've witnessed him working out at a gym in NYC -- that man is focused and dedicated. He's manifested his success, works hard to maintain it and deserves to enjoy it.


Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at G.I. JOE: Retaliation London Premiere
March 18, 2013, Empire Leicester Square, London, UK
Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images 


Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at UK Premiere of G.I. JOE: Retaliation
March 18, 2013
Empire Leicester Square, London, UK
Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images 


Now, I feel obligated to see the film. Can it wait until after Wrestlemania 29?



*   *   *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts